RHINO-STOP® Type 1 Car Park Barrier
AS1170.1 Compliant Impact Barrier
RHINO-STOP® is a semi-rigid car park barrier which uses the latest technology and features engineered base plates which absorb and deflect impact and reduce damage to vehicles and car park structures. The RHINO-STOP® guardrail system was developed in response to demand from Australian designers and certifiers and has been a popular installation in car parks around the country.
The RHINO-STOP® car park barrier has been crash tested to comply with and exceed the requirements of AS/NZS 1170.1 for Light Traffic Areas, giving you peace of mind that your car park can provide the highest standard in protecting cars, pedestrians and structures, to provide a truly safe environment for everyone.
The RHINO-STOP® Type 1 car park barrier is ideal for spaces with lighter traffic; the semi-rigid feature of the product reduces the space requirement between fixed object hazards and the barrier, conserving valuable car park floor space.
At Metal Fencing Specialists, we offer two options of guardrail installations – standalone posts with W-Beam guardrails as well as modular guardrails which allow for thoroughfare between rails. The RHINO-STOP® car park barrier is hot dip galvanized to provide superior protection against the elements after impacts. The barrier system is also available with a powder coating option.
We custom design car park safety barriers to suit your needs, depending on car park size, configuration and use (residential or commercial), which will determine the guardrail installation option, spacing and positioning. The RHINO-STOP® Type 1 car park barrier can also be installed with balustrade and mesh infill protection for improved security and protection for pedestrians along walkways.
For more information on the RHINO-STOP® Type 1 barrier system, call the experienced team at Metal Fencing Specialists today on 1300 904 284 or simply complete the form on the right for a quote.
- Semi-rigid, energy-absorbing.
- Full scale crash tested to evaluate performance and compliance.
- Modular design. Can be configured to accommodate a balustrade or mesh infill when fall protection is required.
- Increased system stiffness when compared to flexible barriers.
- The system facilities cross flow ventilation in high rise car parks.
- Compliant to the 30kN impact load described in AS/NSZ 1170.1 for Light Traffic Areas.
- Demonstrated reserve capacity – able to withstand more than twice the prescribed loading requirement of AS/NZS 1170.1.
- Maximum post spacing: 2m.
- Post deflection: 91mm (30kN impact).
- Number of anchor bolts per post: 1 (M20).