RHINO STOP Type 1
AS1170.1 Compliant Impact Barrier
RHINO-STOP is the latest innovation in modular car park barrier designs providing superior design, rapid installation and driver confidence. RHINO-STOP has been crash tested to comply with and exceed the requirements of AS/NZS 1170.1 for Light Traffic Areas.
RHINO-STOP may be installed as a standalone post and w-beam guardrail configuration or with balustrade and mesh infill attachments when fall protection for pedestrians is required. The modular design of RHINO-STOP and its available attachments allows the system to be configured to suit site requirements using standard components.
Developed in response to demand from Australian designers and certifiers, RHINO-STOP is an energy-absorbing, semi-rigid barrier providing reduced dynamic deflection. The energy absorbing feature reduces damage to the impacting vehicle and the barrier system. The semi-rigid feature of RHINO-STOP reduces the space requirement between fixed object hazards and the barrier, conserving valuable floor space.
- Semi-rigid, energy-absorbing.
- Full scale crash tested to evaluate performance and compliance.
- Modular design. Can be configured to accommodate a balustrade or mesh infill when fall protection is required.
- Increased system stiffness when compared to flexible barriers.
- The system facilities cross flow ventilation in high rise car parks.
- Compliant to the 30kN impact load described in AS/NSZ 1170.1 for Light Traffic Areas.
- Demonstrated reserve capacity – able to withstand more than twice the prescribed loading requirement of AS/NZS 1170.1.
- Maximum post spacing: 2m.
- Post deflection: 91mm (30kN impact).
- Number of anchor bolts per post: 1 (M20).