Low Deflection. Compliant to AS/NZS 3845.
Metal Fencing Specialists are experienced in the supply and installation of the Thrie-Beam guardrail with Standard Blocks – a stronger version of the W-Beam guardrail system. The additional corrugation in the thrie-beam guardrail element stiffens the system, making it less prone to damage during low- and moderate-speed vehicle impacts. It also allows higher mounting of the rail, which increases its ability to contain vehicles larger than standard passenger cars under some impact conditions
The Thrie-Beam is a low-deflection guardrail system due to the added corrugation, and its post and block design reduces wheel snagging and the resulting effects of vaulting or rollover. The guardrail performs well on the outside of bends, even those with a relatively small radius, as the concave shape supports the development of tension in the rail. The Thrie-Beam is supplied and installed hot dip galvanized, to improve longevity and sustain the strength of the guardrail for years to come.
The Thrie-Beam guardrail can be installed on verges or medians and even on small curves in the road, with the option of standard installation or with modified blocking pieces for heavy vehicle impacts. The modified blocks feature notches which allow the blocks to bend inwards during impact while sustaining rail height to minimise the likelihood of vehicles rolling or vaulting over the guardrail.
Our specialist installers have completed Thrie-Beam projects on freeways, residential streets and private roads in the Sydney Metropolitan area and regional NSW. Thrie-Beam with Standard Blocks is compliant to AS/NZS 3845 and is deemed to comply with the requirements of NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3.
For more information on the Thrie-Beam guardrail, contact Metal Fencing Specialists on 1300 904 284 or complete the form on the right.
- The additional corrugation in the rail element stiffens the system.
- Shields hazards located closed to the edge of the roadway.
- The post and block design reduces wheel snagging and the consequential effects of vaulting or rollover.
- Performs well on the outside of curves, even those of relatively small radius, as the concave shape (in plan view) supports the development of tension in the rail.
- Can be used in verge or median locations.
- Compliant to AS/NSZ 3845.
- Hot dip galvanised in accordance with AS/NZS 4680.
- Standard Post spacing: 2m.
- Height to top of rail;
- 805mm (SA & WA).
- 825mm (Qld & WA).
- Dynamic deflection at 2.0m post spacing: 0.6m* (2000kg vehicle at 100km/h and 25°).
- Recommended minimum Length: 30m.**
- Where a kerb exists at the edge of the road, it is recommended that the barrier be placed within 200mm of the face of the kerb or a distance behind it to ensure that impacting vehicles do not vault over the barrier.**
- Recommended minimum distance between the rear of the system and the hinge point of the batter: 600mm.**