Thrie Beam with C-Posts
Low Deflection. Compliant to AS/NZS 3845.
Thrie-Beam with Standard Blocks is a stronger version of the w-beam guardrail systems. The additional corrugation in the thrie-beam rail element stiffens the system, making it less prone to damage during low- and moderate-speed vehicle impacts. It also allows higher mounting of the rail, which increases its ability to contain vehicles larger than standard passenger cars under some impact conditions
Thrie-Beam with Standard Blocks is compliant to AS/NZS 3845 and is deemed to comply with the requirements of NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3.
- The additional corrugation in the rail element stiffens the system.
- Shields hazards located closed to the edge of the roadway.
- The post and block design reduces wheel snagging and the consequential effects of vaulting or rollover.
- Performs well on the outside of curves, even those of relatively small radius, as the concave shape (in plan view) supports the development of tension in the rail.
- Can be used in verge or median locations.
- Compliant to AS/NSZ 3845.
- Hot dip galvanised in accordance with AS/NZS 4680.
- Standard Post spacing: 2m.
- Height to top of rail;
- 805mm (SA & WA).
- 825mm (Qld & WA).
- Dynamic deflection at 2.0m post spacing: 0.6m* (2000kg vehicle at 100km/h and 25°).
- Recommended minimum Length: 30m.**
- Where a kerb exists at the edge of the road, it is recommended that the barrier be placed within 200mm of the face of the kerb or a distance behind it to ensure that impacting vehicles do not vault over the barrier.**
- Recommended minimum distance between the rear of the system and the hinge point of the batter: 600mm.**