Connection to bridges
A Smooth Transition.
A connection to bridge is also known as a transition or bridge approach system. Connection to bridges are safety barriers and are required to provide continuity of protection when w-beam or thrie-beam guardrail systems are connected to a different system
Connection to bridge designs supplied by Safe Direction are manufactured in accordance with Australian state road authority requirements.
- Provide continuity of protection between two barrier systems.
- Gradually increases the stiffness from the semi-rigid to the rigid barrier.
- Reduces the potential for vehicle pocketing at the abutment of the rigid barrier.
- Hot dip galvanised in accordance with AS/NZS 4680.
- Manufactured in accordance with state road authority requirements.
- Transition lengths;
- Victoria Transition: 10m.
- Qld Type 3 Transition: 8m.
- W-Beam to Thrie-beam: 6m.